GIS Center, with its advanced infrastructure and skilled staff, provides a wide variety of GIS/SDI/Geomatics services. They include internal services to the faculties, departments and centers in Lund University as well as external services to companies, organizations, and institutes within and outside Sweden. GIS Centre has already close collaboration with different organizations and universities in Europe, Middle-East and Africa.
The GIS Centre offers consulting to all Lund University personnel regarding GIS questions. Consultancies can be, for example, to discuss data availability, choice of GIS programs, possibilities of GIS and education.
External parties are, of course, also welcomed to contact the GIS Centre for questions or problems relating to GIS. We see very positively to increase our collaboration with other universities, colleges and organisations outside the academic world.
It includes advisory and consultancy services on:
- GIS and SDI strategic planning
- Definition and implementation of GIS/SDI related project
- Management, supervision and quality control of the GIS/SDI projects
- Application of GIS in different areas: disaster management, health, social and economic science, urban management, agriculture, oil and gas, industry, etc.
- Feasibility study and requirements analysis
- Development of standards and guideline for data preparation, creating databases, etc.
Design and development services
- Spatial databases
- Enterprise GIS systems
- Web/Internet GIS
- Mobile GIS (Andriod, iOS)
- Geoportals and standardized spatial web services
- Spatial modelling and analysis
- Server for large spatial databases, web/mobile GIS services, etc.
- Support and maintenance of GIS services
- Presenting seminars on advantages and applications of GIS and SDI
- Holding short courses on applications of GIS and SDI
- Development of short courses on application of GIS and SDI
GIS Centre has a lot of experience in teaching within local and regional governments, as well as in the private sector. Depending on the needs, courses can be more or less theoretical and/or practical. Please contact the Directors andreas [dot] persson [at] nateko [dot] lu [dot] se (Andreas Persson) and ali [dot] mansourian [at] nateko [dot] lu [dot] se (Ali Mansourian) to discuss possibilities and prices.